Sunday, November 2, 2014

[Review] Maybe This Christmas by Sarah Morgan




As the cold approached, I got into a wintry spirit. I needed a Christmas novel to warm me up and Sarah Morgan's Maybe This Christmas was a perfect fit! I admit to never reading Sarah Morgan before, though she was a RITA winner. It was a given that I'd love her and what sold me to reading the book was the blurb and the Jill Shalvis endorsement. Boy, am I glad I checked her out! First, I was captured by the idea of Tyler O'Neil, a ski champion. Hot, right there! Add in the fact that this has a friends to lovers trope, and I knew it'd be a champion read! 

Tyler and Brenna have been friends forever. Best friends. Tyler, a real ladies man and ski champion, had to slow down after a skiing accident and gaining custody of his teen daughter, Jess. Brenna has secretly been in love with Tyler since walking through the halls of their high school. The two never wanted to shake up their friendship, except this year they had others in on the plan -- it was time these two moved past the friendship zone and into the next path of their lives. With this in mind, I loved the the secondary characters. Teenager, Jess, was a typical teen girl who wanted her father to kiss and have a girlfriend. She looks up to her dad and it's really endearing. She's also very believable. Also, I loved Tyler's brothers and their eccentric fiances. In fact, I will definitely be buying the previous O'Neils books in the series. I want more!
Overall, I loved how these two are friends from the beginning and share everything in their lives. Once they move past their hurts and doubts, they are the cutest and sweetest things around. I won't giveaway the ending, but I loved it! Tyler had my heart swelling with love. 

Maybe Next Christmas is a great read with a snowy ski-town full of fun and varied characters, a hot champion of a hero and a warm soft-hearted heroine. I cannot wait to read more of Sarah Morgan.



LINKS:
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20821528-maybe-this-christmas
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Maybe-This-Christmas-Sarah-Morgan/dp/0373778988

No comments:

Post a Comment