Book Title: Elsker
Author Name: ST Bende
Series Title: The Elsker Saga
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Entranced Publishing, Blush
BlurbKristia Tostenson prefers Earl Grey to Grey Goose and book clubs to nightclubs, but when she transfers from her one-stoplight town to Cardiff University in Wales she falls in love with Ull Myhr. Her new boyfriend isn’t exactly what she was expecting. He’s an honest-to-goodness Norse God — an immortal assassin fated to die at Ragnarok, the battle destined to destroy Asgard and Earth.
Kristia’s crazy visions are the only thing that can save their realms.
Her orderly life just got very messy.
Before finding domestic bliss in suburbia, ST Bende lived in Manhattan Beach (became overly fond of Peet’s Coffee) and Europe… where she became overly fond of the musical Cats. Her love of Scandinavian culture and a very patient Norwegian teacher inspired The Elsker Saga. She hopes her characters make you smile and that one day pastries will be considered a health food.
You can follow ST Bende on Twitter @stbende, or send an e-mail to stbende(at)gmail(dot)com.
Author social media links
Twitter: https://twitter.com/stbende or @stbende
Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself.
(1) ELSKER began because of a road trip coffee craving. If I hadn’t pulled into that coffee-hut on the side of the road in blink-and-you’ll-miss-it Nehalem, Oregon, I never would have seen Kristia Tostenson’s hometown, and I never would have imagined her crazy adventures with Ull Myhr, Norse God of Winter. Thank you, coffee craving.
(2) I wrote ELSKER by accident. It was a little story I wrote in my journal after the aforementioned road trip/coffee craving. I wrote it just for me, but it grew a teensy bit out of control.
(3) Like Ull, I’ve been a rule follower all my life. Since my Norwegian teacher told me Norsk waffles should be served with a tart jam, I always ate mine with a tart jam. Until I discovered Nutella. Now I’m a convert. And I haven’t gotten up the nerve to tell her.
(4) I love all things Scandinavian, but I cannot stand seafood of any kind. No salmon, no tilapia, no lobster. Not even fish sticks.
(5) I love IndyCar racing and sometimes I root for the absolute least consistent driver in the field, James Jakes, just because he’s cute. But usually I root for Helio Castroneves and Ryan Hunter-Reay, because they’re fierce, and fun, and really, really nice. And cute.
One of your favorite quotes.
Since this is a romance blog, I guess I can share my favorite line from Much Ado About Nothing. Benedick declares his love for Beatrice by agreeing he will pursue her for the sole reason, “The world must be peopled!” How fantastically honest is that?
Most _____________ in high school. (popular, nerdy, sporty…) Why?
Most nerdy. Definitely most nerdy. I loved studying. I actually got so bored after college that I enrolled in a Norwegian class. Since I’m terrible at languages, the actual learning of Norwegian didn’t go so well. But I did learn that I love Norsk waffles, and I met the real Olaug, who has become one of my favorite people in the entire world.
If you could be one of your characters - Who would you be? And why?
Inga. She’s an amazing baker, impeccable dresser, keeps a perfect home and can kick her man’s behind in a friendly fencing competition. She’s down to earth and kind, and incredibly easy to be around. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be amazing at everything?
Which actor or book character do you have a crush on?
I have an enormous crush on my hero in ELSKER, Ull Myhr. He’s an Asgardian Assassin and the Norse God of Winter. He’s strong, and stoic, and stubborn, but all he’s ever wanted is to feel loved and secure. He dotes on his grandma, has an above-average relationship with his florist, and has a closet full of designer clothes that are perfectly tailored to his ridiculously fit body. There’s a lot to like… if you’re into the whole 6’5” Norse god look.
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Boxers or Briefs? Boxers
Facial hair or clean shaven? Stubble
Planner or Panster? Pantser
Coffee or tea? Coffee before noon, tea after.
Vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate.
Sweet or salty? Both
Laptop or desktop? Laptop
Beach or mountains? Depends
Winter or summer? Winter.
Cat or dog? Dog
City or Country? Country
Clubbing or candlelight dinner? Candlelight Dinner
Christmas or Halloween? Christmas
Optimist or pessimist? Optimist
Thank you so much for letting me visit, Melinda! I really appreciate your hospitality, and I’m so looking forward to our Ryan vs. Ryan showdown on your oersonal blog next week (http://melindadozier.blogspot.com). May the best Ryan win. And mine can literally drive laps around yours, so get ready, girl…
THE ELSKER SAGA is available now from Entranced Publishing.
TUR, the prequel, can be downloaded for free at http://www.entrancedpublishing.com/imprints-2/blush/elsker/
ELSKER, Book 1, is available from Entranced, Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Find ST Bende on Twitter (https://twitter.com/stbende), or at (http://stbende.blogspot.com/).
And be sure to stop by http://stbende.blogspot.com/ between April 11th and May 20th to enter to win fabulous prizes in the ELSKER Release Month of Giveaways! Or as it shall heretofore be known, Waffle Fest, 2013!